Brief 1

Image 2

Image 1Research:

Ad Busters:

Ad Busters is a media organisation that publish an international non profit magazine, founded in 1989 by Kalle Last and Bill Schmalz. They are advertised as anti capitalist  this is probably because of the content they produce that seems to tear down or take a satirical look open pop culture and politics and coming the two or draw and craft a new underlying message about the politics. This is what they are most commonly know for as this kind of content is  the most popular.

This relates to my first image as I have followed in the same vein but instead I have chosen to give new meaning to stock photo images by giving them new undertones by either combining more than one or another or editing the image to give a new completely new meaning to the image. This second method is what was used for my first image I have taken this image and added a thought bubble as well as a Trump Campaign badge as well as text within the bubble that reads “I didn’t think he’d actually ban them”. This is a commentary on the new bill President Trump is trying to pass that bans people from certain countries from entering America and how many of his electorates voted for him.

The second image follows this theme but is grounded less in politics but is instead more inspired by newspaper cartoons or images to accompany a column or article like you would see in the Times however I was able to keep it along with the appropriated image by now suggesting political undertones rather than placing them as the main focus of the subtext for the image. By adding new text to the sign and combining that image with that a man who is blindfold the image got a new meaning as was the brief but now its more subjective so became even more inspired by ad busters as the application to certain points become varied. You could apply it to something like Brexit and the uncertainty of the future British economy and it would become similar to a Times image or you could take at a social commentary like some of the work on the adjusters website, link bellow:

http://adbusters.org